Wow nearly perfect

Apr 3, 2009 at 9:04 PM
Congratulations on GPS Tracka.
I thought I was going to have to write all this but what you have done is NEARLY exactly what I need.
It's working on my HTC phone nicely on Com4
In only managed to get it to create a log file by turning off the screen display but will play with this more.
For my use I want it to append to the output file in real time but with the output file on another machine via WiFi network.
Also will probably need it to poll more often than min 60sec in some cases.
May need to also output some extra info in the log although haven't checked if what it outputs to the log is more when using Verbose.
At this point I don't have the required tools to edit the code and not real good with .NET anyhow so if all goes well I would rather pay someone to make some small changes if that's possible.
But overall I'm just RAPT.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM
Hi Wattagan,

Apologies for the delay.  Changing the poll interval can be done, currently the numeric box has been given a lower limit of 60.  That could always be changed.

Outputting files over wi-fi is going to be an 'issue' in terms of intent and concept.  If you're in a wifi hotspot then the chances are that you're going to stay in one place for a long time.  Which in turn means that you will have access to a PC somewhere nearby anyways.  You could then connect the PPC to the PC and copy the file over, so it doesn't make much sense to be doing this; let me know if I've made wrong assumptions here, that could very well be the case.

Problem with sending over wi-fi is that you first run into credential issues as the PPC isn't part of the 'network', and that of the several ways to do it, you may even need a web server on the target machine that's expecting coordinates and having it write to the file, since it could become unwieldy to send an entire file across the network every 2 seconds.

Let me know your thoughts.
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM
Ah, one more thing - there's GPSGate which can apparently send GPS files over a network, worth looking at.
http://franson.com/gpsgate/

Not sure whether it requires a web server installed or not.
May 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Hi mendhak,

This is Asif Basha, I executed gpstracka application in .net2005 compact
ramework 2.0. I deployed it in winodws mobile 6 classic simulator, but how
can i display the map(google/yahoo/openstreet/flicker) and how can i display
the routes on the map??? can u explain regarding this issue???

Regards
 Asif

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Asif, to display your tracked GPS locations on a map you would need to either tell it to log in KML format or convert the GPX format to the KML format and then you would host this on a web server. You can then tell google maps to load the file either by opening the page and just typing the url in to the search box, i.e http://www.yourserver.com/Files/Test.KML , googles server will download and interpret this file and load all of the points, paths and polygons with the colors that are defined in the file.

I don't know if the others support KML, however MSN/Bing does support the KML format.